Managing medications takes a great deal of organization and forethought. Patients should:
- Make a timetable for when you should take your meds.
- Make a list of all prescription medications and their intended uses.
- Create a pill organizer in the style of a dosette box, with sections for different times of the day and days of the week.
- Stick to the timetable and take your prescriptions on time.
- Print a copy of the schedule to provide to your doctor.
Around half of all prescriptions in the United States are not filled appropriately due to the complexity of drug management. Non-compliance leads to the risk of hospitalization and 125,000 premature deaths, and $300 billion in unnecessary healthcare expenses per year.
On the other hand, people with smartphones may utilize a daily medication log to track their drug intake.
Medication Management Apps vs. Medication Reminders
An app for medication lists, for example, includes SMS notifications. However, the usual functionality of a smartphone may readily replace these apps.
Entrepreneurs that wish to build a medication management app and want to know the differences between current services might look at the following classification.
Medication reminder applications are divided into three categories:
- Simple Medication Reminders (SMRs)
- Advanced Medication Reminders (AMRs)
- Medication Management Apps (MMAs)
What Are the Must-Have Features of Medication Management Apps (MMAs)?
- Digital scheduling allows users to establish daily, weekly, or monthly schedules by entering basic pharmaceutical information such as names, physical descriptions, doses, and when and how to take prescriptions.
- When it’s time to take your meds, smart reminders appear. They will continue to buzz and dinge until the patient has taken their medication. Advanced reminder applications allow users to put off taking their medications. People with hearing and vision problems should be able to use reminders.
- If freshly planned drugs are incompatible with previously scheduled medications, an interaction algorithm sends a warning message. Users can input health parameters such as allergies or pregnancy into complex drug management systems.
- Prescription renewal alerts tell users when their medicines need to be refilled. Most of the time, these are only indicators. Users are sometimes offered a form to fill out to refill their medicines after receiving notifications. This form is forwarded to a doctor immediately.
- There are two types of pill identifiers. The less convenient method needs the user to enter the pill’s properties, after which the app searches a database for comparable tablets. The more user-friendly version allows a user to submit a snapshot of a pill so that an image-analyzing algorithm may search a database for comparable tablets.
- Users may utilize location searches to identify the nearest drugstore with the medication they need in stock. A map with navigation is included in certain apps.
- A notes box allows users to give precise instructions for taking prescriptions, identify potential adverse effects, and add doctor’s suggestions.
- A missed dose tracker notes whether or not a user took a dose. These records are useful for keeping track of the treatment procedure.
- When someone else is assisting a patient with drug management, sharing is essential. Users can export their prescription regimens to share with family caregivers and doctors using a medication app.
Use the best medication tracker app that helps you keep track of and manage your medications or assist you in taking care of family members. You may also use the app for various things, including chronic illness monitoring, elder and geriatric care management, birth control pill reminders, and even tracking opioid and other potentially harmful substance usages.
Patients and caregivers can use MedManage, a cloud-based medication management solution that includes a daily medication log. MedManage enables typical chores, such as managing various prescriptions and keeping a daily medication journal, to be performed digitally instead of physically or from memory. Download the app today!