If you have been suffering from a specific illness for some time, and your physician prescribes medications, it’s important that you take them correctly and properly. When done so, you will have a higher chance of gaining better health!
One of the ways to ensure you’re doing it right is to be clear with your doctor. It’s important you understand everything your doctor tells you about your medications, such as why you need to take them, how and when you should take your meds, the best ways to store them, and what could happen if you don’t take the meds as prescribed. Don’t be afraid to ask questions because the more you know about the medications prescribed to you, the more you will realize its importance of taking them properly.
In this article, we will share valuable tips to help you take your medications properly:
One effective way to ensure you are taking your meds correctly is to get organized, especially if you’re taking multiple medications throughout the week. Keep in mind that organization is important because this will help you not to confuse medications and ensure that you are taking each one of them at the right time and the right way.
If you want to get organized, you should list all medications you are currently taking, including vitamins and supplements. Then, if you have any questions about them, make sure to jot these questions down and ask your doctor during the following appointment.
Here are other tips that can help you:
- Make sure to take your meds at the same time every day. This will help prevent you from forgetting to take them and will become more of a routine.
- If you are forgetful, try taking your meds along with a daily routine, such as brushing your teeth.
- Have a medicine calendar and note each time you take them.
- Have your medicines in a pill container that has marked days. As mentioned, the more organized you are, the better. When using pill containers, make sure to refill them at the same time every week.
- Get timer caps for your bill containers and set them to alarm when your next dose is up. There are some pillboxes that also come with timer functions.
- Make sure you bring enough meds when traveling and always have extras with you. Always keep your meds in your carry-on bag when traveling to prevent them from getting lost should you deal with lost luggage. Additionally, this will let you not miss your meds even while you’re on the plane as you don’t need to go through your luggage to get them.
Other than these valuable tips, there are also various apps that can help you stay organized, such as the one provided by My Medication Log. Our cloud-based medication management system will help you manage multiple medications and maintain a daily medication log. By using our mobile and web app, remembering, storing, and sharing your medication status and history is now easier than ever!
At this point, you now know that if you want to achieve better health, you need to ensure you are taking your meds properly. For this reason, always follow your doctor’s orders and make sure you ask all the questions when it comes to the drugs you’re taking. As mentioned, staying organized is the key to ensuring you are taking your medicines correctly to get back to optimal health!
My Medication Log is a daily medication log system that you can use to keep track of your medicines; our app is easy to use. If you want to stay on top of your medication intake schedules, be sure to download our app today or get in touch with us today to learn more!